Shlomo Bentin died in a traffic accident on July 13th 2012. Shlomo was an amazing man and had a great impact not only on psychological and brain science but also directly on the lives of so many people. He had a unique passion for life and for scientific discovery. He was a strong man with a soft heart and his exuberant presence was always felt and admired.

This blog is a place where people can share their experiences and memories of Shlomo. He was an extremely lively man who cherished his family, friends, work and academic accomplishments and we hope this blog will help to celebrate his life as he always did. To contribute, please send your text to Ani Flevaris and Ayelet Landau directly or at remembering.shlomo[at] gmail.com

Saturday, September 15, 2012

From Christie Nothelfer




I remember Shlomo as incredibly enthusiastic about research and always excited by new data. He was the happiest and most energetic man, and I don’t think I ever once saw him tired. I never quite figured out his endless source of energy, but I think it had something to do with his love for life, family and his work.



As a mentor, Shlomo was very hands-on and involved at every stage of research. I’m sure many others have also received an email response from him late in the night; it’s clear that he worked hard from the start to finish of each day. Though, as busy as he was, he always made himself available if you needed to meet or just ask a simple question. He would, of course, be sending emails and saving documents as you walked into his office, but the moment you sat down, he gave you all of his attention.



Shlomo was also always willing to be challenged—if you disagreed with him, he was ready to rally with you until you both saw eye-to-eye. He was always very encouraging, and I think it was these kinds of discussions that really strengthened me as a researcher and my ability to express my ideas. He was warm and humble, and you’d never know how successful he was by just talking to him.

Shlomo showed me what it meant to be truly excited by what you do, and I hope to carry some of that enthusiasm as I continue in my career and life. I miss you very much, Shlomo.

No comments:

Post a Comment